This post is dedicated to Jenna @ Jenna’s Everything Blog and is part of a virtual baby shower in her honor. Jenna is pregnant with little Alice and has about 6 weeks left before the grand opening. (That’s a funny line, isn’t it!)
I love Jenna's blog. Her writing, her life, her photos all make me smile and leave me feeling happy.
This is my first time participating in a virtual baby shower, so I have been a little nervous. I mean, my blog post is a gift to someone! It's not like I can give her a gift receipt and say, "just return it for something you need more or like better". Which, in reality makes it a more personal gift, I suppose...something from the heart.
When I was trying to decide what to do for the shower, I looked forever at Jenna's blog, trying to figure out what she would "like". I saw a lot of fruit desserts, which is totally right up my alley. Desserts centered around fruit are my very, very favorite. That was true even before I developed a chocolate allergy. Fruit trumps chocolate, can you believe it?!
Jenna, these are easy to make; very versatile, too. I took bits and pieces from different recipes, even including one of my own recipes (which I have never posted here), to make these bars. You can add any kind of topping, whatever puts a smile on your pucker upper. I used raspberries, raspberry puree, blueberries, blueberry puree, and left some plain. The cream cheese layer has a hint of lemon thanks to lemon zest and lemon juice.
The crust to these bars is made from Mother's (brand name) Frosted Lemon Cookies and vanilla wafers, so the crust tastes all lemony, too! I almost like the crust the best.
Happy baby day, Jenna. You're going to be a great mom.
Check out these other great bloggers' posts for Jenna's shower!
- 4 Little Fergusons (Midwest USA): 11 Lessons To Determine If You Are Ready For Parenthood
- A Little Lunch (Eufaula, OK): Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice Scones
- City Songbird (Greensboro, NC): Merry Christmas, Alice!
- Eats Well With Others (New York, NY): Peanut Butter and Honey Ice Cream
- Hunting for Bliss (Bozeman, MT): Garam Masala Deviled Eggs
- Pinking Shears & Broccoli Spears (Newark, DE): Making Food Good For Your Baby
- Sydney Shares (Eugene, OR): Baby BLTs
- The Pajama Chef (Bloomington, IN): Iced Tea with Ginger-Mint Simple Syrup
- Two Dogs In The Kitchen (Sterling, MI): Spicy Asian Meatballs
- Veronica's Cornucopia (Wichita, KS): Raspberry Almond Fudge Cookies
- Very Culinary (Sacramento, CA): Toasted Orzo and Chickpea Salad
- Words on Wendhurst: A Gift For Jenna and Alice
I'm off to work with these. Yummmmmmm.