This is the second recipe celebrating Gavin learing the letter “D” this week in preschool. I definitely prefer eating Dump Cake rather than Dirt Pie.
You have probably had this “cake” or something like it in the past. It has four ingredients and, frankly, tastes just wonderful. Plus it makes your house smell so good that you’ll be wishing there was a scented candle designed after it. How do you think a candle named “Dump Cake” would sell? LOL.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 3/4 cups butter (that is 1 1/2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Pour cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple with juice into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Stir together.
- Evenly distribute the dry yellow cake mix over the cherries and pineapple.
- Cut butter into slices and place randomly on top of the cake mix.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes-1 hour until golden on top.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Try to control yourself.